Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Truffle Trouble


Once again I had a Horatio sighting. Once again he turned into the Forum, back to the same crime scene or had some new chaos been discovered? A fight amongst the nail techs, a customer goes berserk because of the Christmas displays that abound at some stores already? Religious fanatics go all crazy because of the Halloween decorations? Will he be there again today?

Did anyone else participate in Lindt Lindor million truffle give away?

I received an email yesterday telling me about a million truffles that Lindt was giving away. I wanted in on this action so I followed the links and played the games and low and behold I got a coupon for a 6oz. bag of my choice valued up to $3.99 for free. I printed it off and Shaggy and I hit the streets. We were on a truffle quest. It did not take too long. The first store had 12oz. bags and 9oz.bags and a helpful customer encouraged me to buy the Godiva. I checked with a manager who sadly told me that they did not carry 6oz. bags and he was unaware they made that size. He planted a seed of doubt which of course fed my curiosity.

 He was interested in the free bag idea and as we left he was headed to the back of the store at a rather quick pace.  He recommended a local grocery store we went to Target. 

We kept chanting focus focus focus…. We tend to get very distracted in there. You know the scenario go in for cat litter and walk out $50 later with four bags of other things. I needed some of those little bottles you can travel with that you put shampoo and conditioner in. Then I needed small versions of hair-styling products which took me further off course to hair product world which was right across from DVD world and oh look!!!! Rock of Ages was on sale. This was near the Halloween isle which we had to explore and so we picked up another bag of pretzel M&M for Shaggy. Realizing we were off target we decided to check out made a beeline for the front, paid for our items and as I turned to pay I caught sight of a Ghirardelli display which reminded me that we were in there for Lindt Lindor truffles and had not looked for them. So we turn around and walk to the back of the store where they cleverly keep the food stuff chanting Truffle Truffle Truffle. This time it worked and we found a lovely display of Lindt Lindor  and 6oz. bags. We selected a bag and checked out coupon $3.99 price of bag $3.50 we paid $0 if you do not count the unplanned purchase of Rock of Ages. Which we watched and which was totally worth it.


To the female creature in the SUV with her mother and wearing the headband; take it off!!! It is squeezing your brain!! That stop sign was totally for YOU!!!!  The young man who did the same maneuver one parking lot over must have been your son. Acorn-Tree.

I am becoming very frustrated with the bank branch on my street. Since I moved I started going here instead of the other branch because this one is closer. However the service is not the same. I keep having to clarify with them that Lady Tamara  www.HighlandTitles.com does not fill out a deposit slip and your little huff miss teller person will not change that fact. Hiding my amusement at her now fake friendliness is harder and I could not contain a laugh yesterday. She looked up at me and there we stood Shaggy and I, both of us smiling as if we had no sense and she relaxed. I think it crossed her mind that we were crazy and she could hardly contain her excitement at the opportunity to lash out about us when we left.

Need an idea about what to get your brother-in-law for Christmas? Make him a Lord of Glencoe. www.LairdOfLochaber.com It is not something his friends will have and just think of the years of fun at family gatherings especially for his future Grandkids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment