Thursday, October 4, 2012

Nice Matters


Do you recall how I had mentioned in my pumpkin study that it was good for cats to eat it as it helped with hairballs? My carts do not tend to have issues with this but I was curious to see if cats would indeed it pumpkin. So I put a teaspoon of the organic canned pumpkin on a saucer and walked off. I was caught up in a work project and put it out of my mind. 30 minutes later I wander back to the kitchen and there is an empty saucer which I will confess was unexpected. 

A few hours later the cats were displaying hungry behavior so I checked their bowls they had food and water.  I looked at them both and they starred back. A few moments later they became vocal about feeding and started what I like to call the shark prowl; where they circle me and the kitchen with howls and whines that are designed to be just irritating enough to motivate me into doing something. They still had food and water. Goblin with a glare and a sigh of impatience walked up to the empty saucer and starred at it as if more pumpkin was supposed to appear. I got it! They wanted more pumpkin not more food. They actually enjoyed it. So now I have 2 more pumpkin junkies.


Speaking of pumpkins we are making pumpkin cookies today. Shaggy found a recipe for cut-out cookies that has pumpkin in it. We have been searching the city for pumpkin shaped cookie cutters to make Halloween cookies and we found some so we are creating today. 

Ok dear executives of the world. In a mixer, reception, or event of any type do NOT assume that people in a hosting role are unimportant.  Do not look beyond them or refuse to answer back or acknowledge a greeting because you are ignorant of who they may be. It is rude and jades an opinion of not only you but the company you work for, city you represent or platform you are supporting. Us two legged people welcoming you are NOT the hired help. We are owners of companies, business people, property owners, board executives, directors, committee couches.  We deserve to be treated with respect and honor.  To those of you who did…Thank you.

Lady Tamara, www.highlandtitles.com yes it is real, has been in leadership roles that required me reporting to 3 separate Generals, organizing a huge event and coordinating and overseeing the function and duties of over 100 people within my organization.  Do not assume you know anything about me, my history, where I come from, where I have been. The Salem witch trials were based on opinions less prejudiced than the ones you have of me. Hocus Pocus……

No comments:

Post a Comment