Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Uneventful


Sometimes I just have nothing to say. I have a quiet day, uneventful. Not that anything does not happen just what does happen is nothing there are words for. No extreme adventure, drama, tragedy. I hate to say it but maybe I just have a normal day and I confess they make me incredibly nervous. I find no comfort in them and by the time I realize what I have been gifted with the day is over.
Here it is…
My daughter flew to Vegas on Sunday and she called me yesterday morning just to say “Hey mom I am in Vegas at the Cosmopolitan and we are ordering room service.”

I gathered up my wardrobe for my upcoming trip to San Diego and remembered I had thrown my duffle bag away because three of the zippers all broke so I need a new one.

I started a pot of beef vegetable soup and we decided after a taste it needed beer so we tripped on over to World Market where we could buy a single beer. Shaggy picked out Shiner Bocks Oktoberfest. Then we agreed some cheddar cheese and grain crackers would be good so off we trip to another local store I knew would have a broad cheese choice. Wisconsin Summer Cheddar was on special. Well I guess so; summer is over! It would do. 

As we are driving away Shaggy decides to enlighten me to the fact that the crackers I believe we have we do not have. We debate it as we drive to yet another store. While at this store we both stop to stare at the beans and decide what we really want are bean and cheese tacos. The soup will taste great after stewing another day. During all of this guess who happened to exit the Interstate right in front of us? Horatio! He turned right and we turned left. Must have been a very bad crime scene because about 15 minutes prior to seeing him we let EMS and a fire truck pass us. Chaos t Best Buy over an i-phone 5? Party planner goes nuts at Party City because there is no helium for her three year olds party? Someone loses it at Starbucks because cocoanuts have once again gone out of season? (Wasn’t me I swear!!)

Yesterday was a Holiday I discovered about mid-morning and so I decide to celebrate too. Government offices are closed so I cannot connect with my committee at the city to verify some things got done when I decide to check my work emails and realize that what I was going to check on did not get done. So I put on Marine Can Do cap and improvise. No worries!

See no great adventure to speak of. No discovery to uncover, just a normal day.

Lady Tamara www.LochaberHighlandEstates.com will be shopping for a duffle bag today and I will try to never fly another airline that has a fee for baggage to be checked. I never wanted to become a participant in the overhead baggage stuffing contest. NOT happy

No comments:

Post a Comment