Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Flour


A very happy Halloween to you! It is my very favorite Holiday.


 The little people coming to my door to beg for candy or else they will perform some trickery. It is magical and anyone can dress and become anything and no one looks oddly at them.

 My daughter and I love the movie Meet me in St. Louis. 

Especially the Halloween sequence when the children terrorize the neighborhood with bags of flour screaming to the other children they killed someone; today I am going to find out what that is about.

After 20 minutes of research I have come to the conclusion that Mr. Minnelli made the whole thing up. There are hints that it was traditional in the early 1900 to throw eggs or flour at people upon knocking on their door. Perhaps offering the children a treat would keep you safe from mischief. No explanation was given for the scene in the movie. Did anyone ever ask him?

Lady Tamara www.HighlandTitles.com will not be at home tonight to observe the trick-or-treaters; she has accepted a photo assignment.

Have fun everyone!

Lords and Ladies I have enjoyed sharing my Breakfast Letters with you for this time and will continue to do so.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment