Friday, January 4, 2013

11 Pipers Piping


The 11th day of Christmas is here. Tomorrow night is 12th night and the visit of the three Maji will happen. 

Here are the variations in the words…11 pipers piping, 11 ladies spinning, 11 lads a leaping, 11 lords a leaping, 11 ladies dancing. After searching for a hint about the meaning of the 11 frivolous leapers or pipers or dancers  I can’t help but wonder if that is the gift. Frivolity, fun, frolicking for nor reason other than you is alive. (I am leaving the previous sentence as is because that is how spell checks believes that sentence should be worded….hahah YOU IS ALIVE) 


I did discover that on 4 January 536 two monks from the Indes brought with them the method of how to manufacture silk to Constantinople, 11 ladies spinning? Silk was being manufactured into cloth for King Henry I in England in the 15th century.


I am going with the dancing and leaping with jigs and reels being played by pipers.

No comments:

Post a Comment