Thursday, January 10, 2013

Red Dalliance


I checked my oil yesterday morning and guess what, there was none. I checked it three times. Not even a slimy bit of oil on the tip of the dip stick.  I was next advised by my brother to check the radiator fluid. It was ok. He came over and looked around the engine area repeating the process I had just gone through. Next in go 3 quarts of oil, and they do not leak out the bottom through the drain plug. No visible leaks. I start Charles and let him run a bit. The clacking stops, the oil can light goes out and he notices oil around the filter area. I take the car back to Express Lube and explain what has happened. They are all very accommodating and helpful.  After several minutes a tech comes in and explains that the problem is my oil sending unit, they do not those types of repairs but I should also have the O ring behind the filter area changed too. They refill the oil, change out my registration sticker which I had not yet done and send me on my way. I am scheduled for some maintenance with our mechanic guy. 

Express Lube did not charge me for the refill but did say they had noted on my last few visits that there was a slow leak around the oil sending unit and they notated it on my paperwork. I cannot recall ever being told about it nor did I look for it on my filed paperwork of previous visits.

I confronted the slum lord about the very rude letter and she agreed it is rudely worded and it is a standard letter that automatically goes out on the 8th of every month if they do not receive the rent or water bill. Yep I forgot to pay the water.  She was on the phone with another angry woman when I walked into the office and several others, who were living here before the takeover, had called complaining that the letter was rude.

We went to Spec’s last evening to grab a wine for dinner and guess what it was Wine Down Wednesday. We decided to play along and sample the 20 wines and Chef Eric’s Paella.   For dinner I bought a Mantellassi Il Canneto Sangiovese from the Tuscany region of Northern Italy. It was an earthy, light on the fruit, friendly wine. 

The Paella was delicious and thankfully the chef used pork not his award winning combination of quail, rabbit, fish and wild mushroom.  

I also bought the Dalliance Red, a blend and very playful, spicy, blackberry, vanilla; reminded me of my Granny’s Blackberry cobbler. 

 We had a wonderful time and discovered a few treasures. I will go back and buy some of these others I liked.

Time for my workout with the Situation.

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment