Friday, January 11, 2013

Not a Rocket Scientist


Charles is with our mechanic guys and they will call me or my brother or us both later. I do not know how long this will take. I feel like I am about to set out on an adventure, anticipation, challenge, unknown are all words flowing through my mind. That is what the random mention of pine-cones was about a few days ago. 

My pine-cones remind me of adventures I have been on. My friend Tony has topped on the highway more than once to gather me up a few, even when I was not with him because he knows I like them, unusual rocks and seashells. I have basket loads of them.  I even wonder if a raw diamond is not more pleasing to me than a cut and polished one.

 Maybe I relish the thought of what it could become, what it has possibilities of being. 

Where, how it will be used. What is its final journey? 

The same feeling and imaginings I had about my children. Who are these little people GOD has decided should live with me; for reasons I have yet to understand. What are they going to become, where will they go, who are they, why do they need to spend time with me? I did not want to mold them or alter them; I wanted them to be who they were not my idea of who I wanted them to be. Your daughter is a district Attorney in Cincinnati, CEO of her own consulting firm, Dean of University of Nebraska? That is wonderful. My daughter and her daughter dress up like Zombies and go on the Zombie walk. She wears winter caps with ears and a woolly mane.  You probably do not see the difference in the same way I do.

I am working out with some cast members of Dancing with the Stars and I just want to tell you people that those dancers have no bones they are just tightly meshed strands of muscle. That is all just muscle that can be twisted and pulled like taffy. They have strength and power and it all wrapped in an amazing fluid grace.

Still no word from my editor about this new project; the suspense is killing me.

Do you ever have the urge to pick up paint and canvas and just paint? I do all the time and it is very distracting.

I am thinking about cranberry bread…….maybe I will go make some.
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment