Friday, January 25, 2013

Pirate Shots


G has asked to shoot some photos of me; the dread Pirate me, Captain Scarlet Selkie.

 She, is the me that is bold and lends a depth of “devil may care” to my adventures. She is headstrong and now she has dashed into an accord the rest of me is beginning to not want to do. A photo shoot is intimate. It gives another human access to you in a most candid way. He will be able to see the shy, vulnerable, wretched wreck that lies barely hidden under the veil. 

He will see what others do not. He will see what I refuse to look at. Not just the physical me, but me. Scary!

But on the other hand he sent me a list of rules. Some of you know how I feel about rules. Can you hear me? “Rules!!!”…..”Bwahahahha”….. “You think you are telling me what to do or not?”…… “I do what I want!!!”…… “I, Captain Selkie and everyone else who is me deserve nice things!” Ah! There she is!!!

I wish this opportunity had availed itself in Cali I know of a couple of girlfriends who would have been great in shots with me. I can think of a couple of man warriors too. Ships in the night….

How do I relax?......Arrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

I am reading a novel, The Unexpected Guest, and in it for the past several chapters Clare, my lead character, is preparing an intimate embassy dinner at the last minute. She talks of flowers, china, the food, pace cards. It is in Paris. I have had floods of memories. Living in Paris, the elaborate dinners my mother would hostess, the dinners my grandmother would host. Both women would fuss over the flowers, the china, the seating arrangements, place cards, the food, and dessert, when to allow us children to sit at the adult table.

 These have all been pleasant memories. I remember place cards that were used at Christmas they were porcelain and had a green tree on them with snow on the boughs and the part that where the name goes was a snow bank. They would be written on with a china pen; sometimes in gold and sometimes in black. I remember I could barely wait for each dinner to see if my name was ever written on one which would signify I got to sit with the adults.

Lady Tamara has many things going on this morning so I must be off.
Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment