Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Bail Bond Girl


My day as a Bond girl was interesting. I went to a trade show with my business colleague L.  Neither of us could quite remember how to get there so I told my trusty phone to guide us to The Norris Center. She starts giving us directions that we are sure are wrong. As we pull within 500 feet of the location she informs us that our destination North Center is on the right. No….No you silly phone that is not our destination; L inputs Norris Convention Center into her phone and we again drive on.

 We reach our destination and after getting our rolley box out of the car head inside. She is looking for polo shirt samples and ideas for the Archdiocese and I thinking of an upcoming golf tournament and Gala swag for the 2013 Gala. We find a shirt that will fit the requirements. The only problem is L has a meet with them tomorrow and no way can they get a sample to her from Missouri by then. The rep apologizes but that is his personal shirt and he needs it for a show in Austin the next day. L continues to ask questions about the shirt and reiterates her need for it to be strong enough for the embroidery patch and the price point. Tony is obviously hooked on us and as I smile at him and look at L suggesting this would be an excellent shirt for the golf tournament in late June, he explains that he has another shirt just like it he can wear at the Austin show but he really needs it back by Friday for the Dallas show will she mail it to him after her meet. Why yes she will. He gives us the shirt and hanger and asks us to mail it to the address on the business card. We thank him, take our pirated prize and wander off to the next vendor.

  Lunch is next and our lovely waitress Carol asks us if we want to buy a raffle ticket for the upcoming San Antonio Stock show and Rodeo. Well of course! I hand her a dollar. I then read the list of prizes I might become the proud new owner of. A truck, a trailer, a welder, Stetson his and hers hats, boots, a vacation and a few others, while I am sure a welder is a fabulous prize I am leaning toward the idea that I would much prefer to win the 1 carat diamond earrings.

Off we go to the printers to pick up business cards. We had to wait and a steady stream of men came and went. None of them were of interest to me but it was a showcase atmosphere. Who knew?

We picked up signs and finally reached our destination. The Civic Center where we were going to set up for a Business and Restaurant Showcase we were exhibiting at later in the evening.  All was going well and we set up and were ready for the “over 3000” people to arrive. (I waited for hours for that.....hahahah)  I found a restaurant that was serving margaritas for the night and promptly asked for two. L was thrilled with my skill at procuring cocktails. 

We were having a marvelous time when B arrived and I was introduced as Tomorrow Paris. He looked skeptical so I explained about the German pronunciation of my name and how it sounded like a Bond girl and he laughed and said yep I can see you as a Bond girl a Bail Bonds girl. Well at least he did not imply I looked like I needed a Bail Bond.

The evening went very well and we all lived happily ever after.

Hahahah….hahaaa….ha…..

Now you really do not believe that do you? 

My night actually was clouded with lies, deceit, attempts to discredit my reputation and that of a friend. It was wrought with strife and hatefulness.  Weak attempts by two of the employees of the event sponsor.  Prominent business people were questioning me about my activity as part of the event committee and why this or that was not happening. 

Now I have a photo shoot tonight and I intend to be relaxed, calm and stress free. The two ladies in question will have to wait until Friday for me to deal with…

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to read that you enjoyed yourself at the trade show even if you were a bit apprehensive at first. Do you think you will go to another one with your friend or was this more of a one and done deal. Either way, a real fun read.

    Eliseo Weinstein @ JR's Bail Bonds

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the last time the Chamber held one of those events. The person in charge made such a mess of it.

    ReplyDelete