Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tomorrow Paris


Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is one of my favorite movies. 

I loved it the first time I saw it as a child. The car, the colors, the Grandpa, the dad, Edison the dog and most of all the joy filled life of loosely structured adventure.  My granddaughter E and I watched it Sunday afternoon and as the credits scrolled by during the early car racing scenes I saw it was written by Ian Fleming. I had a twinkling of a memory that I knew this; so I have investigated further. 

The movie is loosely based on a novel Ian wrote titled Chitty Chitty Bang Bang , The Magical Car.  Yes, the same Ian Fleming of James Bond fame.  He wrote it as a bed time story for his son Caspar. If you think about the lead female characters name Truly Scrumptious

 it has an Ian Fleming Bond girl ring to it. Think Honey Ryder, 

Pussy Galore,

 and Mary Goodnight, etc…

I guess my name could be a Bond girl name if you use the German pronunciation. Say Tamara like Tuh-maw-ruh Pearis as in Tomorrow Paris. I like that…. I have a Bond Girl name…. Can I copy write it? Maybe I should legally change it. I love it!!!!

Oh this is going to be quite a day!!! I am inspired, Tomorrow Paris, beautiful yet slightly tragic, vaguely villainous and whimsical.
Ciao`

No comments:

Post a Comment