Friday, May 17, 2013

Citizen of Dumbasscuss


Dude!! You are in the right lane to make a left turn. I am in the left lane to make a left turn. I glance over and you have a look on your face that is challenging and clearly says I am a 19 year old with more testosterone than brains and I am about to run you over grandma in your Lincoln Town Car because I am from Dumbasscuss and more clever than you. Really??  Now at this particular intersection there are four lanes. One only turns left. One turns left or moves forward, one moves only forward, one goes only right. There is also a lane that swings around and allows you to make a left U-turn before the intersection if you wish to get to a location back the way you came. So in essence there are two lanes that allow you to go back to the highway in the opposite direction.  The road on which we are about to turn has 3 lanes. The one he is slated to turn onto which moves only forward. The one I am about to turn onto that allows you to move forward or turn left and a lane that will be to my left that is a turn left only lane that is actually a continuation of the left turn lane from the road to our right.  The light changes and I move taking the left turn. He misses the change so he is slightly behind me in the turn. He stomps on his gas and charges. I realize that the citizen of Dumbasscuss is about to attempt to turn left over two lanes from the far right lane in about .3 seconds in front of me. I think about pacing myself so he will be unable to make the turn. His frustration and determination show on his face.  Instinct tells me this one really is a litter runt and stupid. He will, at all cost make that turn. The fact that he will probably cause a 6 car wreck has not even entered his mind. He wants to make the turn and will no matter what. You can see his blind ambition on his face. I keep pace with him. He attempts to move into my lane directly beside me, forcing me over into the turn lane to my left so he can be in a turn lane also. I refuse to move and press ever so gently on my gas pedal moving me forward ahead of him. I watch as he bites his lower lip grabs the steering with both hands. He is going to make the turn. Cars behind us have slowed because they see what this punk is about to do. I can speed up and he will either hit my car, stop, or drive forward. I doubt he will do the latter two. I am now in control of this situation and have the power he so desperately wants to believe he has.  So do I let him buy me a new car or let him go? At the last possible moment I slowed and he turned in front of me in the middle of the intersection running over a median and fishtailing. I decided to lay on my horn. He stomps on his gas pedal and races away.  I will take his hasty retreat as an apology. I feel sorry for whatever female creature he catches. He is probably going to be abusive and thoughtless.

That is all I have to say today. Just be wary of citizens of Dumbasscuss.   

No comments:

Post a Comment