Friday, May 10, 2013

Iron Panties


The things you can learn while sitting in a meeting. For example, both of the English ladies in the group confessed that they ironed their underwear. Always had and that their mothers and grandmothers did also. None of the other ladies in the meeting ironed theirs so I having been thinking back and trying to remember if my father, who did all the ironing when he was not off on a mission, ironed underwear and I just cannot. I will ask mother when I see her Saturday. I had to stifle a giggle as I tried to imagine my daughters taking an iron to some Lacey frilly thongs. 

Then I looked at each lady and tried to imagine them in thongs and that brought about a giggle as well. Believing that thong was not what they wore and the fact that they ironed them maybe they wore pantaloons.

 This brought about a giggle also. SO I settled on more of a tap pant type garment like those from the 1930 era.

It is a magical morning out my window. The sky is a tumble of soft grey with harsher darker grey rambling  through. There is thunder groaning, and rain is being lavished over the dry ground turning everything the color of jade.

 Like the jade of my decorative stone tree, greens and beige, dusty pinks and faded rusts, that has been polished so it looks wet. Over the thunder birds are chirping and the drops of rain add notes to the percussion. It is as if GOD wrote a cantata for me this morning that Mozart, in one of his more playful moods, has orchestrated. Beautiful day.

I have lost an entire sleeve of stamps. I had used 6 of them and the bloody thing has vanished. This is not acceptable and for reasons beyond my understanding this has me extremely fussed up. I remember they were on my bed I took one off and applied it to an envelope and ….. nothing. I have looked in all my bags, pad-folios, under the bed though my desk. Has some frisky poltergeist misplaced them? Bloody Hell!!!

I am wondering what theme to use next week for my Artz page and blog; any suggestions?

I am off to scramble some eggs, sizzle up some sausage and toast a slice of cranberry bread. Care to join me?

Enjoy this rain my friends, too soon it will be oppressively hot and miserable and will be that way for the next 5 months. But then most of you thrive on that don’t you?
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment