Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wet Storm Shadow


Imagine my surprise when “Duke” is killed. He was one of the reasons I went to see GI Joe Retaliation

I had not heard one peep from anyone about this. There I am happily enjoying the film laughing and feeling good when he dies.

 I was not prepared for this. Of course there is no break in the action for grieving and so I stuck it out and to my surprise I was rewarded with a treat.  

Let me explain a brief of my back story. I am NOT partial to hairy men. I do not like it; do not like to touch them. It freaks me out and is repellent to me. This is good for my girlfriends who like their men hairy for we are not in competition for the same guy.  I do not like them overly muscled up nor do I like them scrawny, thin or boy shaped.  I do not like the hairless look of boys, so all those scenes of a shirtless Edward that had girls all drooling did not appeal to me.  Back to the treat that had me spellbound.  There he was Storm Shadow; shirtless, swords in hand and wet. My first thought was ….

 My second was “Duke” who?  Yes I enjoyed the movie.

I have an update on creepy guy. When I got to the park this morning he was waiting outside the gate for them to open it. This is the first time we had seen this. He usually shows up shortly after the gates are open. Now whether he is already parked somewhere obscure inside or just shows up after the gate opens is still unclear to us. When we got back to our cars he was sitting in a chair reading a magazine beside his car which had re-parked and backed into a spot.

My nephew was going to let me borrow his truck to take to the movie yesterday while he put on a new tire. I went inside made arrangements and he handed me the keys. 

As he was walking back to the shop a thought occurred to me. “Is it a standard?” Grinning with pride he says yes. Well now I have a problem. I am a girl and multitasking with the 1100 things on my mind and remembering to shift and clutch and gas and turn signal all at the same time is not conducive to the safety of other drivers on the road. So I inform him I will not be taking his truck and will come back after the movie. He laughs and asks if I am for real. Uhhh … yes! “Have my dad come and get you and drop you off.” Now I laugh. “And give my brother more weapons to harass me with for the remainder of my life? NO!” I tell them I will be back and when I come back I will bring Moola and shoot some photos of her at the tire shop. 

My nephew then shakes his head and asks why I am so weird. “Who is your dad? Well, he is my brother and I grew up with him and you ask me why I am so weird?” He nods in understanding. Santa, the man doing my paperwork just shakes his head in confusion. He will see.

People seem shocked that I go to a movie in the middle of the day and that I go by myself. I am shocked at this reaction. It is a private showing I reply; I am a Rockstar and have the entire theater to myself. They still stare in disbelief.

My walking partner is going out of town for 10 days and since creepy guy is there I will not walk alone. Anyone want to join me? Maybe I could strap on a dagger or two, a sword and take along Urie my other weapon. Maybe my bow and some arrows and pretend I am Robin Hood. Hahhaha

I  will be calling you, my friends, today for items for the Silent Auction for the golf tourney. Answer the phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment